Some facts you might not know:
- Skin cancer in Australia is the fourth most common cancer in Australia and expected to be the third most common cancer by the end of 2020.
- Currently 2 out 3 Australians develop skin cancer by the age of 70
- Our rates of melanoma cases are amongst the highest in the world
- We should be reapplying sunscreen every 2 hours when outdoors and immediately after swimming.
Some sun smart recommendations from the Australian Cancer Council*:
- Wear a Shirt
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes prior to going outdoors
- Seek shade
- Slide on sunglasses
- Slap on a hat
*Information provided by Cancer Council Australia website.